Friday, December 15, 2017

Feelin' Grateful


O.M.G.  I don't know how things are going in your school but let me just tell you.......our kids are off their rockers!!!!

I know a lot of it has to do with the fast-approaching holiday, but that is coupled with a very difficult time we are going through in our school.  Let me just say, I have had a VERY hard time feeling grateful this week.

Well yesterday, it began to snow in the afternoon.  As if the kids needed another reason to be crazy!  We had 6 teachers out with no subs - coverages again!  So by the time I left work, I was completely D.R.A.I.N.E.D.!!!!  I almost called my son at home to ask him to meet me in the driveway with a drink!  He's 19 so it wouldn't have been totally inappropriate :)

I decided to order dinner and head home - a drive which should take about 20 minutes in total.  Well apparently, people in my area forgot how to drive in the snow.  It took me 1 1/2 hours to pick up dinner and get home.  YES, 1:30 minutes!!!

By the time I got to the restaurant to pick up my food, I was nearly ready to commit a crime.  THEN, I walked in to pay and the lady told me someone left me an "Act of Kindness" card and paid for my dinner.  W.H.A.T. ?!?!?  I was frozen.  I literally couldn't formulate a sentence.  It was as if the universe knew what I needed at that exact moment - I needed to know there are GOOD people out there in the world.  It was really hard to hold back the tears after that one.

The card that was left for me stated that Acts of Kindness were being done in memory of a beautiful little girl who passed away on Christmas Eve in 2014.  She was just shy of her 4th birthday.  To say I am inspired in an understatement.  I immediately joined the Facebook page listed on the card to share my appreciation.  I have SOOOOO many ideas on how to pay this forward, and honestly I can't wait to do so!

So even though I don't have my normal list of items this week, I hope you are inspired to share an Act of Kindness with someone.  We really do need more kindness in the world!!!!

Thank you for stopping so I could share my story!  I know I don't have a lot of followers, and I know I'm not the most popular blogger, but I am truly GRATEFUL for all of you ❤ ❤ ❤


Please feel free to comment to share your story of "Feelin' Grateful!" 


No comments:

Post a Comment