Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Blog Hoppin' ~ Day 3

I hope you are getting to know other bloggers and enjoy their stories!  And how about those classroom reveals?????


Well Blog Hoppin's 2014 Back-to-School's next stop is one of my FAVORITE'S!!!!  In fact, you could definitely say I'm a little bit OBSESSED with today's topic.......

A A G I I N N O O R T Z

You haven't figured it out yet???  It's ORGANIZATION.....but I put it in order......alphabetical order!

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to organize.  I organize my pens, papers, classroom, files, documents, clothes....you name it and I do it!  So when I read about today's topic, I did a lil cabbage patch dance.  Good thing I was home alone!

So let's get started!  I will first tell you how I stay organized for school.  I will apologize in advance because I created products to help keep me organized so I'm not officially "plugging" here.....but I kind of am.  

My first organization tool is "The ULTIMATE Binder."  This document has EVERYTHING I need throughout my day, all at my fingertips.  You could choose to split this up into multiple binders but I've chosen to keep it all in one.  I travel a lot throughout the day (meetings, etc.) so I like to have one thing that I need to pick up and go.  

I have all of my lesson plans, my monthly calendar and my year-at-a-glance, templates for notes to send home, IEP data, caseload templates, attendance forms, grade book, TpT/Pinterest templates, communication logs, important phone numbers, meeting schedules, student information sheets, volunteer forms......literally everything is in there.  The document is 245 pages of EDITABLE templates and forms.  Let me say that again.....EDIT-A-BLE forms and templates.  That means, you can input your own information, print and put it in your binder.  Never lose a document again!  I know I'm biased on this one but I've shared it with people I work with and got great feedback so I know it's not just me. 


The next organization tip I use in the classroom is a huge TIME-SAVER for me!  I am the type of person that if there is something I can bring home to work on, in the comfort of my own home, then I do it!  I would much rather mark tests & assignments at home in my pj's than sitting behind my desk at school.  I simply pick up the stack of tests / assignments, throw them in my bag and head home!  I created these templates to use so when I'm done grading the tests, I can record the results.  I decided to clean up the document I use and make it a FREEBIE for you!  Oh, and did I mention I made it EDITABLE for you?  There is enough room for 30 students.  The picture below is an example of how I use this tool:


The document has two of these per page. I use the first column to mark the grade for the assessment / assignment and I use the 2nd column to record a few different things.  I may put a star there to remind me to reteach something, or to conference with that particular student.  You could also keep a running average for that particular student in that column.  Whatever works for you!  You can download it in my store by clicking the picture or HERE.



No comments:

Post a Comment