Monday, August 11, 2014

Monday Made-It

Hey All!  I'm hooking up with Tara from 4th Grade Frolics for the weekly "Monday Made-It"  I love seeing & posting on Monday's!  I can't wait to see the cute things people come up with!  Us teachers are some crafty people!




Since my whole theme is changing this year, I decided to change up my Teacher's Toolbox to match.  While it may look flashy to some, I LOVE how it turned out!  You can see in the above picture, the toolbox was a light grey when I bought it.  I primed it, painted it black then sealed it.  I printed out the labels and attached them to the inside of the drawer.  Then I used Zebra Print duct tape around the handle of the drawers.  It's so pretty in person!




My next "made-it" is the reason I'm posting so late.  I was out shopping for Iced-T and just happened to find the black shelves I NEED wanted for my room.  When I was moving, my old ugly brown shelves broke and I was SO happy just devastated!  I found these on sale for $16 each!  Then, by some miracle from the heavens, I found Zebra Print contact paper.  Listen.....can you hear the angels singing????  It was definitely fate.  So I just H.A.D. to put them together.  Here is the result......


They turned out better than I thought they would.  I have a lot of bright colored bins at school that I'm going to put on there.  LOVE!




I also found this little cutie while I was shopping.  I will be hanging this above my new objectives area.  Can't wait to show you that in a later post!





I've also been busy working on my store and uploading products!  This one has only been up a few days and is already selling well!  They are editable Monthly Newsletters. 




It will be a HUGE time saver to just input your information and print.  I've provided three templates for each month....chevron, polka-dot and black-and-white.  Click on either picture to view the product in my store.


Made-It #5
I don't know why I can never find that darn image!


These got a revamp from my old ones.  I can honestly tell you, the kids go CRAZY over these things!  I give each student a punch card.  When they turn their homework in, I / they punch a hole in a numbered circle.  Once all 10 holes are punched, they get a reward.  I usually do extra time on the iPad or extra recess time....since those are the fan-favorites!  The kids take SUCH pride in their punch cards.  I've only ever had two student lose a card.  I provided the cards in lots of different designs so pick the ones you like and print them out.  I laminate mine for durability and have the students cut them out (which they love doing!)  Click on the picture to check them out!

Well that's it for me!  I'm going into my classroom the rest of this week to get things ready.  I'll have classroom reveal pics up by the end of the week.  Have a great week and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment