Thursday, August 21, 2014

Blog Hoppin' Day 4



Day 4 is all about the how I get through the DAY {Insert bottle of wine here } so I'm going to share with you my Daily Schedule, a peek into my plans and some ideas for Classroom Management.  Buckle up!


SCHEDULE . . . .
(Side Note: I swear I'm losing my vision and EVERYTHING has to be bigger so I can see it!)

So here is a peek at my Daily Schedule.  Not much there huh?  Well that's because this is my first year as a Special Educator. Although I know my actual schedule, I don't quite have all the details put in yet. Our school is implementing a mandatory 30-minute intervention block this year, which is great for my kiddos.  We will receive information on that during PD this week and next.  We'll get info on what exactly it should look like and how it should be structured.  I also know that during the 2nd L.A. block, only some of my students will participate in Making Meaning while others will be pulled during that time.  I'm kind of happy I have something down on paper but I'm excited to get more info on what my day will look like.  


PLANS . . . .
Up next is a look at my plans. Well, I can show you a template with some rough information on them but that's about it :(  It has been very hard for me this year since I am a TOTAL planner.  I usually have all of my "i's" dotted and "t's" crossed by early August.  I'm SO out of the loop this year and I don't want to bug my Team too much so I'm trying to practice a new thing for me called PATIENCE.  So far, I think it's totally overrated!





As you can see, lots of the unknown.  As I meet with my team, I'll find out more about my scheduling.  The first week, I plan to push-in most of the time with periods of pull-out to get them acclimated to my room as well.  We'll go over classroom procedures and routines, expectations and all of that good stuff.
If you like the lesson plan template, it comes from "The ULTIMATE Binder" in my TpT Store. Just click on the picture or the title to preview / download.  It's one of over 10 different templates provided in the product.


MANAGEMENT . . . .

I am starting the year with a clip chart, mostly because that is the method my new team uses.  I have it for free in my TpT Store (just click on the picture to download.)


I did a whole post about my reasoning for this clip chart.  You can read about that HERE

After the kids get settled, I plan on switching it up a bit.  When I taught Kindergarten, I used a "Gold Ticket" system which we all loved!  The kids would earn tickets for good behavior or being a positive role model.  They would accumulate tickets all week, then redeem them on Fun Friday for choice activities.  Since I'm now in 5th grade, I plan on introducing a similar, incentive-based management system where the kids will earn points to redeem for choice activities.  I'll have more details about that in a later post.

Well, Day 4 is in the books!  Make sure you head back to Blog Hoppin' to see what other teachers are doing in their classrooms!  Thanks for stopping by.  Don't forget to follow me for other offers and exclusive FREEBIES!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the new position. It is awesome that your school has a SPED teacher for individual grade levels - At my school school they teach multiple grade levels (and have to figure out their own schedule!) Our school started an intervention block last year - and it was great for so many kids.
    Thanks for sharing
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! It's incredibly exciting and nerve racking all at the same time! Have a great year!
      ~Lori

      Delete